Competition: Win free self storage!
We’re very excited to be launching a competition offering you the chance to win a free self storage unit for three months at either our Harrogate or Wakefield self storage centres!
All you have to do to enter is find us on Facebook, like our page and comment on the competition post. Simple! You have until 5th December to enter and you could be the lucky winner of up to 100 sq ft of self storage. Tag your friends who might benefit from some extra space. What might you use it for?
Is all the extra Christmas ‘stuff’ making you feel like the walls are closing in? Do you run a business and have an excess of stock knocking around at this time of year? Planning some new year redecoration or DIY? Move your stuff into self storage and it’ll be so much easier than having to work around mountains of furniture! Or perhaps a house move is on the cards for you or a friend? Three months free self storage could be ideal for decluttering ahead of putting a house on the market, or to help make moving easier.
The prize is up to 100 sq ft of storage space – but of course we’d find the right size of storage unit to meet your needs. If you have say a room you want to empty, 50 sq ft may well be big enough – 100 sq ft will fit in the contents of a small truck, a jam-packed garage or a two bedroom house. Depending on how much you’ve squeezed into that house obviously – one person’s cluttered is another person’s minimalist! You can find out more details about the different sizes of storage available and a storage unit size estimator on our website.
It might also depend how often you want to access your belongings. You might just want to put things in there for a chunk of time and forget about them, in which case you can pile things into the unit. Or you might need to be popping in and out to get things – which is absolutely fine, you can get access as you need it. But for your own sanity and safety you might not want to have to climb a mountain of boxes every time you need to retrieve that one item! But our friendly experts in our storage centres in Harrogate & Wakefield will always be able to advise – they’ve seen it all!
Full terms and conditions of the competition are below. Best of luck – you’ve got to be in it to win it!
Terms and Conditions:
- To enter the competition you must like McCarthy’s Facebook page and comment on the post.
- The winner will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator appointed by the promoter.
- The closing date is 5th December 2018, 11.59pm GMT.
- The winner will be notified on Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will receive three months free self storage in either McCarthy’s Harrogate or Wakefield branches only. The winner can choose a unit from the ones available up to a maximum size of 100 sq ft. McCarthy’s staff will help you get the right size unit for your requirements. The prize does not include a padlock for the storage unit door, insurance or transport to and from the storage centre. The winner can choose to continue their storage lease beyond three months if required but will be charged accordingly after the three months have passed. The three months free storage can start no later than the end of January 2019 – if the space is taken after this, then the three months will have been seen to start on January 31st 2019, regardless of the actual date items were first moved in.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize and no alternative will be offered. Prizes are non-transferable.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- This competition is open to all UK residents, aged 18 or over, except for employees of the promoter, their immediate family and anyone else connected to the creation or administration of the promotion
- The prize is subject to availability and in the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The promoter is not liable for failure to receive any entries or incorrect contact information and does not accept any responsibility for any failure by the winners or any entrant to comply with these terms and conditions. The promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material. The promoter may in its absolute discretion change these terms and conditions, without notice or may cancel the promotion without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that makes it necessary to do so. By entering this competition entrants are deemed to accept these rules.
- The promoter is McCarthy’s Storage World, Meanwood Road, Leeds, LS7 2AH.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for this competition only and will not be shared with any other party outside McCarthy’s.